Mr Gregory Bain, MBBS, FRACS, FA(Ortho)A, PhD
Length and Income
Twelve months Stipend.
AU$130,000 pa (approximate)
Flinders Medical Centre
Education Goals & Characteristics:
1. This fellowship is conducted within both the public and private sectors.
2. The Fellowship is suitable for an applicant who has a career commitment to shoulder and upper limb surgery. The Fellowship has a high level of training in Arthroscopic Shoulder, Elbow and Wrist surgery. The Fellowship is also inclusive of Arthroplasty and Upper Limb Trauma Surgery.
3. The Fellowship requires a substantial commitment to undertaking and completing a research project. Journal publication of research conducted during the Fellowship is a requirement.
4. Medical student teaching.
5. Attendance at weekly clinical meetings, unit audits and clinics.
The Prospective Fellow is a medical graduate who has completed or about to complete an approved Orthopaedic surgery training program. The applicant must have a strong commitment and clinical experience to Upper Limb Surgery, and an established record in undertaking research.
Applicants who have not compelted their secondary education in English must have undertaken the academic version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test or equivalent and passed with the requisite score of 7 in each of hte four components.
The Fellow would perform clinical duties involved with
the management of disorders of the hand and upper limb and would have
a regular on call commitment at Flinders Medical Centre under the supervision
of a hand surgeon. The Fellow would also assist the Hand and Upper Limb
Surgeon in his private rooms and in private operating sessions, as well
as attend regular academic meetings on disorders of the upper limb.
The Fellow would be expected to perform
clinical research throughout the twelve month attachment and would have
specific time allocated for this. Research could be performed in conjunction
with hand therapists. Research protocols have been established and prospective
data has been collected for future projects. Flinders Medical Centre is a teaching
hospital associated with the Flinders University. Computerised data
retrieval is readily accessible and facilities for preparation and presentation
of papers are available.
Applications, including detailed curriculum
vitae and the names of three referees with whom the applicant has worked,
should be submitted to email firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Feb to 31 Jan
Application Closing Date
31 October 2017
31 October 2018
31 October 2019